More on Sports...
Golf is probably the only game that I haven't played... Yup, my luck. But that doesn't mean that I don't like the game. I like Tiger Woods. He's the Michael Jordan of golf and this past weekend he won the British Open. This is his 11th majors, and he's catching up with the record of 18 majors currently held by Nicklaus.
Football : Ruud van Nistlerooy may want to go to Bayern Munich. Bayern Munich may want Ruud's services... but if Alex Ferguson can have his way, Ruud may well have to be ready for another rude awakening at Old Trafford..
Football : Chelsea is now offloading its stars and with handsome returns too. Asier del Horno and Damien Duff are already sold off. Next season del Horno will don Valencia's jersey while Duff will be with Newcastle, taking Shearer's place as a striker. And I heard that Hernan Crespo wants to move too... it appears that he prefers pizza over English muffins..
F1 : Michael Schumacher may be at his home race this weekend (Hockenheim) but Alonso is one tough nut to beat. It wll be an interesting race of strategy. I'm hoping for a Ferrari win so that the title race will be interesting again..
MotoGP : Valentino Rossi only managed to get 4th. Hayden won last weekend's race on home soil and now leading the grand prix. Is this going to be the year that Rossi won't win it? Somehow I want Rossi to win it..
Tour de France : No Lance Armstrong - so somebody else has to win it, and Floyd Landis - a guy who raced with an arthritic hip! - wins the prestigious race.
Tennis : James Blake - the black tennis star since err..Malivai Washington and the better known Arther Ashe - has at last beaten Andy Roddick in a final, and he has now become the highest-ranked American player at number 5 in the world.
And lastly Basketball : Eventhough basketball was invented in America, the Americans are not the World Champions - at least not for another month or so.. Next month is the FIBA World Championship in Japan. In 2004 at Athens, the US was humiliated in the semis and they only managed to bring back the bronze medals. This year, they are again the favorites, and if their attitude is well-checked (I think Coach K will take care of that, he's a disciplinarian), they can reclaim the title.
No comments:
Post a Comment