Remember the classic half-filled glass? Do you see it as half-full or half-empty?There is a chess set that I have in my office meant to be as a decorative piece. Not that I don't play chess but the chess set is made of glass and I got it at a bargained price at Ampang Point and it really look 'class-in-glass'.
Today I found out that one of the playing piece - a bishop - is lost. It is not so much a big deal to lose one piece - you can still play the game by replacing it with any token - but I wonder more on how it got lost, when did it get lost or who in the world would want a piece of bishop without even asking for the whole set from me?
One then would just say to me - "Ala.. you get a new one, end of story, after all didn't you say that you got it at a bargained price..?
There you go... half-full or half-empty? Different people have different perceptions in life.
As a math teacher I once asked my students, "If you don't have any money in your pocket, do you say that you don't have money or do you say that you do have money but your money is zero..?
See the difference..? Everything has a value, and so is the one lost bishop of my chess set..
No comments:
Post a Comment