Blessing in Disguise
Every morning I will take the same 'back route' to work to avoid the nasty jam at the main traffic lights on the highway. And every morning I will make an illegal U-turn at another traffic light near my office. Nothing much happens after that every morning.
But not yesterday morning. Immediately after I made my U-turn, a white Waja came next to me honking like he's asking me to move right so that he can pass by on my left. As I glanced to see the driver, to my surprise 2 policemen were waving at me asking me to pull over.
We stopped at the Shell station nearby. Normal procedures and all, the policemen checked my driving license. He was a nice chap actually and I think he was already going to let me go scot free until he saw the expiration date on my driving license. "Please show me the newer license", he said politely.. I was perplexed and told him that that is the new one (although it was that cheap plastic renewable license from JPJ - how can it looked new??). "This one expired already..." . Dang !!
I thought it would only happened in the movies or drama swasta! There I was, standing like a fool, trying to escape a charge, but couldn't even get your own driving license active!!. Had to admit my mistake (what else could I do) and the nice policemen gave me only one ticket ...
Had not the policemen stopped me, my driving license would still be in my wallet until maybe another similar incident occurs. Mmm..I think I'm getting old very fast nowadays...
In a positive way, it is actually a blessing in disguise. Thank you God and alhamdulillah..
No comments:
Post a Comment