Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Bad Boy Zidane and Good Boy Federer
Hah.. I got 'licked' alright... No.. the French team got licked... No.. Zidane is the one who got 'licked'. How can he be so stupid to end his international career that way.. Anyway, my congratulations to the Italian team and also to those who supported the Italians only this week. Now we will all have to wait for another 4 years... Thank you Germany for a very good show.

Last night we had blackout in our area. Everybody rushed out to get to another place so that they could not miss the final. Luckily electricity was restored around 10.30 pm. And by that time Federer was already leading Nadal by 1 set to love and also leading in the 2nd set tie-breaker. This Federer guy, you just can't hate him. He's such a nice guy that you just love him as much as you love his game. His grass court game is so pure and I cannot see why he may not be able to break Sampras' record of 7 Wimbledons. I just hope that one day he can win the French Open too...

How I wish one of my kids can be a tennis superstar. Maybe the 12 year old can start looking for a place at Nick Bolletieri's academy in Florida. Can what... Baghdatis can do it, Sharapova can do it, why not him..?

No comments: