Meetings Galore !
Yesterday - Convo, today - Academic Budget, tomorrow & Friday - Budget, Friday afternoon - JKA. And that did not take into account those meetings that were previously planned for this week but cancelled.. And these are meetings that only involved me as a 'member'. What about those higher-ups who are 'members' in almost every other meetings?
Mmm... no wonder things are not getting done around here.. Over here I think they 'abuse' the meeting as a place to decide on everything -- yup, I'm serious, EVERYTHING. They discuss petty issues... Sometimes they decide on things that are not in the agenda, not under their 'jurisdiction' and sometimes not even with the presence of the relevant staff/unit... and to make things worse, the decision made was never passed to the unit until it was too late..
Since coming back, I'm yet to attend a meeting that lasts only an hour or less.
Before someone falls dead in the meeting room, can we do something about this? Maybe send the management and upper management for a course in "How to handle meetings"...??
And I thought last week was bad...
1 comment:
Hehehe...seems like the 'budaya banyak meeting' and 'meeting panjang' is still going on over there. Hmmm..I thought different bosses means different environment. I guess the culture sticks with the organization. You should suggest some other ways to get results other than meetings ;)
Post a Comment