Last Saturday, my two boys' school had a Canteen Day (Hari Kantin). I don't know why they call it Canteen Day when they also had Haunted House and games like football, netball and hockey. And to dejustify the name, they couldn't even sell enough food to the visitors. Talk about taking over the canteen for the day...
The Canteen Day was jointly organized by the PIBG and the school. I must say the parents did a swell job in coming up with the Haunted House. The teachers said that they couldn't do it (not enough time lah, no expertise lah, the teacher previously has quit lah..) so the parents took up the challenge. You see, according to them, Canteen Day without Haunted House is not Canteen Day... mmm.. doesn't that sound strange to you? Sounds weird enough to me...Anyway, back to the Haunted House, true enough, it was the main attraction of the day. My 11-year old even went through it 4 times !! And it managed to collect close to RM1K for the school. Kudos to the parents...
How I'd wished the teachers were a little bit more motivated...
No comments:
Post a Comment