Found a Good Read Blog
I really envy those Malaysians, especially Malays, who can write so well... I've found a blog of such pleasure to read. In his blog The-Kimster (that's his pen-name) answers also some emails that he received asking for his two sen's worth. I'm going to quote one here (I hope he doesn't mind..) :
---------------------------------------------------
Dear Kimster,
I think men are tactless. The other day, I asked my boyfriend about my new Prada outfit and he said I looked “a little too fat in that black number”. Why can’t men be more polite and thoughtful?
Delicate,
Subang Jaya
Do you really expect an intelligent answer to a stupid question?
Women really should stop asking men questions like “does this dress make me look fat?” or anything remotely similar to that. The only thing you can/will accomplish is putting us men in an awkward situation because no answer we give can actually make you happy.
If you must know, we really don’t care if you are wearing a Panda suit. We don’t care if you are fat and flabby, because the bottom-line is we chose YOU over that skinny model on the catwalk. We don’t care if you are not going to put any make-up on your face ever. Pakai bedak sejuk pun OK what?
We only care about being in a relationship where mutual respect and trust prevails. We care about unconditional love and personal space. Occasionally, we care about being allowed to watch football on TV when our favourite team is playing.
Why ask the Do-I-Look-Fat-In-This question when you KNOW you are wearing dress which is a little on the tight side? You know damn well that when it comes to fashion and appearance, most men are about as useful as a toothpick in a middle of a Russian gas field. So don’t look for life-affirming statements from men and then complain how callous and tactless men are/can be when they don’t give you the answer you prefer.
So let’s agree that this kind of conversation will never take place, shall we? That’ll spare you from bruised pride/ego, and we won’t feel like crouching tigers, hidden dickheads trying to figure out the best answer to your inane questions.
---------------------------------------------------
He..he.. ladies, take a deep breath..
Click here if you are interested to read more..
No comments:
Post a Comment