Tazkirah in Ramadan
Tarawikh prayers at my surau is only 8 rakaat with 3 witir. But for some nights it will end around 10.00pm because there is tazkirah in between the tarawikhs.
Last night's tazkirah was the first I attended since the beginning of Ramadan. (The first two nights I was in Seremban.) The speaker is a young ustaz who controlled the session well. I didn't bring paper and pencil along last night, thus wasn't able to jot down most of the important points of the ceramah/tazkirah.
But I did remember this phrase he said last night : "Allah gives and forgives, but man gets and forgets."
He gave the example of a man in CCU having to depend on the respirator to breath and stay alive and also the example of a young boy in Johor who has to carry a 7 kg oxygen tank on his back everyday. Those gadgets must have cost thousands and just for the purpose of helping them to breath.
How about us, the healthy lot? While we breath the air everyday as a normal activity, we tend to forget that actually it is Allah who is allowing us to breath in such an easy manner -- and we tend to forget that. God gives, man gets and forgets...
No comments:
Post a Comment