My Quarterfinal Picks
German vs Argentina. This is going to be a classic game and I like the way the Germans progressed in this World Cup. The Germans are always good during World Cups. Argentina too are a good team and have some bright young stars in their squad. It'll be a tight match and both team s will try hard to defend their goals. My prediction, it will be the Germans because they have the luxury to play at home. I like to see goals, so maybe 2-1 or even 3-1 for the Germans.
England vs Portugal. The Portuguse have 4 suspended players due to the hard fought match they had with Holland. It'll be very hard for them to replace these players. England will attack through the middle and I can see Lampard having a field day trying long shots from midfields. My prediction : England 2-0. (Crouch and Lampard).
Italy vs Ukraine. This one is quite tricky. Italy will play defense all the way hoping for a penalty shoot out. It won't happen. There will always be a Cinderella team going into the semis and I think this match will produce one. Shevshenko will score, 1-0 or even 2-0, and a win for the Cinderella team - Ukraine.
Brazil vs France. Another classic match - a rematch of 1998 World Cup. If you remembered well, Ronaldo was sick that day and France won easily. No chance this time around. Ronaldo will score and so will Ronaldinho; 3-0 or 3-1 for the Brazilians.
No comments:
Post a Comment