4 and 44
Way back when I was a kid, my eldest brother used to subscribe to Reader's Digest and in one of it's annual 'gift' he once received a book on riddles and IQ tests. The tests fascinated me till this day.
I still remember the one test where you have to write arithmetic formula -- that is using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division only -- to represent the numbers 1 till 12 by using the 4 digits of the number 4. (Now you know why I studied mathematics..)
It started by giving the two examples for numbers 1 and 2 :
1 = 44/44 and 2 = 4/4 + 4/4. Now you try to figure out the rest. (I will post the answers in a day or two, ...i.e. when I myself got to figure out the answers...)
Why the sudden interest to write on the number 4??
The number 4 has always been my favorite number. It's easy to see why...
I was born on the 4th.
And today I am 44 years old.
And I am so blessed. Happy Birthday to me...
2 comments:
Ahh... you forgot some other 4 related to you...
Your full name, each part starts with an A, 4 A's altogether and the letter A itself resembles 4.
In truth, this blogger that I know doesn't associate his name with the number 4 although there's 4 A's to his name. An extra A is added to indicate something/someone close to his heart...those that knows him know what/who that extra A is for... ;)
Post a Comment